Earlier this season, we talked about escarole and endive, delicious and versatile bitter greens. Welcome to the world of Virtus Radicchio. This bitter green can be used in a very similar manner to escarole and endive, so feel free to mix and match as you work with Spring and Fall greens.
We really enjoy adding a bit of sweetness to the bitter greens. Fruit helps cut that initial bite and works really well with radicchio. In this case, we’re utilizing our grill for both greens and fruit, resulting in an amazing fall salad.
Grilled Radicchio & Nectarine Salad
* Serves 4
- 1 head Virtus Radicchio, halved lenghthwise
- olive oil
- Kosher salt & pepper
- 2 nectarines, pit removed, sliced into 6 pieces each
- Get your grill nice and hot.
- Drizzle radicchio and nectarines with olive oil. Sprinkle radicchio with Kosher salt and pepper.
- Place radicchio, cut side down, on your grill and let it cook for couple minutes until grill marks form. Remove from grill.
- Add nectarines and cook until grill marks form. Remove from grill.
- Roughly chop radicchio and divide between plates. Top with grilled nectarines. Finish with a drizzle of good olive oil and serve.