Finally made it through all the strawberries. This accomplishment did not come without some failures.
- Strawberry Balsamic Onion Jam – This turned out awesome! We anticipate serving it with some phyllo wrapped goat cheese and mixed into cold chicken salad sandwiches.
- Strawberry Champagne Jam – The first batch turned out perfect. The second batch is a little too loose, but is really tasty. I think it will be fantastic with ice cream or angel food cake.
- Strawberry Preserves – Spot on!
- Frozen for use throughout the year – At least 18 bags frozen.
- Mini Strawberry Pies – Sadly, these got the boot so I could make more preserves.
- Individual Frozen Strawberry Daiquiris – Finished these last. Only froze 7 because I had to drink one as a treat to myself! (Recipe below)
* makes 2 drinks
– 4 cups hulled and halved strawberries
– 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
– 3/4 cup white Rum
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 1-2 cups ice cubes
– Blend everything together in your blender and enjoy!