I’m sure you all have your favorite ways to eat zucchini/squash. Try this for a fun twist. We’ll have the zucchini/squash and mint you need for the salad.
Shaved Squash Salad with Prosciutto
– 3 medium squash (variety)
– ¼ teaspoon salt
– 2 tablespoons thinly sliced mint
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– ½ teaspoon grated lemon rind
– 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
– ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
– 3 thin slices prosciutto, chopped
– ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
Shave the squash into thin strips using a vegetable peeler. Place squash in a bowl and toss with salt. Combine mint and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Stir with whisk. Pour over squash and toss. Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add prosciutto and sauté for 2 minutes or until crisp. Place ¾ cup salad on each of 4 plates. Top each with a tablespoon feta and sprinkle with prosciutto.
*Recipe from Cooking Light.